Pairing soft pinks with purples is one of my favourite ways of wearing coloured eyeshadow in a fun, yet under-stated way. Using shades which are close to each other in the colour spectrum can help make coloured eyeshadows more wearable and also helps with overall blending.
I used the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette to create this look but you can use any brand of eyeshadow you like which has similar shades.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Crease: Urban Decay Vanity eyeshadow (smokey metallic deep jewel purple)
Lid: Urban Decay Alien eyeshadow (light satin pink)
Outer v: Urban Decay Alchemy eyeshadow (medium satin hot magenta-plum)
Inner Corner: Urban Decay Bobby Dazzle eyeshadow (light shimmery frosty white)
Highlight: Urban Decay Truth eyeshadow (pale matte pink-nude)
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Alien eyeshadow (as above)
Outer Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Vanity eyeshadow (as above)
1. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid as a base.
2. Apply Vanity in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Pat Alien onto the lid, using a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239).
4. Take Alchemy either on a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) or on the very tip of a crease brush (e.g. MAC 226, MAC 217) and apply this to the outer v of the eye. Applying a hot magenta-plum shade to this area helps ‘pull’ together the pink lid colour and the purple crease colour. This shade also provides a little ‘pop’ of colour to the overall look.
5. Take a little of Bobby Dazzle on a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and apply this in the inner corner of the eye.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Truth on to the browbone to highlight. Take this down into the inner corner as well to brighten the eye.
7. Take an angled eye liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Alien along the whole lower lashline.
8. Take the same angled eye liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Vanity to the outer portion of the lower lashline. This step helps to balance out the purple applied in the crease.
9. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
One more picture of the finished look: