I felt like wearing something colourful and came up with this bright green and blue look using MAC eyeshadows. Some of these MAC eyeshadows are limited edition or no longer part of the permanent collection. However, you can find similar shades from MAC and other brands to re-create this look.
To complement the look: I used Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter in Ginger Binge as blusher (you can see photos of this product here), Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Highlighter in Mimosa to highlight the cheeks and Inglot Lipstick in shade 131 on the lips.
Interested reading more posts on MAC? You might enjoy my ‘Spotlight on MAC’ series (you can read more about the series here and view posts here)
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer
Crease: MAC Lime eyeshadow
Lid: MAC Suave Intentions eyeshadow
Deepen Crease: MAC Prussian eyeshadow
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow
Lower Lashline: Suave Intentions and Lime eyeshadows
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Lime into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Suave Intentions all over the lid.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Prussian to deepen the crease of the eye
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Suave Intentions along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Lime to the inner lower lashline.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.