It’s been a wee while since I last posted, so I thought I would kick things off again with a smokey purple look. For this look, I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette (you can see my post on the palette here), which is one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes. The Norvina Palette is particularly good for purple eyeshadows but it also has a variety of neutral, bronze and pink shades so you can create a variety of looks.
You can find other combinations I have created using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette on the site here.
If you would like some look ideas using particular shades in the palette, or certain types of looks, let me know! I’m really enjoying playing about with it so stay tuned for more combination ideas!
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
Crease: Eccentric eyeshadow
Deepen Crease: Volatile eyeshadow
Lid: Celestial eyeshadow
Inner Lid: Dreamer eyeshadow
Browbone Highlight: Base eyeshadow
Upper and Lower Lashline: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Empire
Lower Lashline: Eccentric Eyeshadow
Inner Corners: Dreamer eyeshadow
Face: Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Skin Protector in Medium Light, NYX Born to Glow Radiant Concealer in Vanilla, Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Pressed Powder (you can read more about this product here), Kiko Tuscan Sun Perfecting Powder
Blusher: Benefit Dallas Blusher and Sugarbomb Blusher (from the Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette; also available individually)
Cheek Highlight: Benefit Cookie Highlighter (from the Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette; also available individually)
Lips: MAC Lipstick in Syrup
1. Apply Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer all over the eyelid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 242) for this step.
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Eccentric into the crease.
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Volatile to deepen the crease.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Celestial on to the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (eg. MAC 239) and pat Dreamer on the inner part of the lid. This step adds some extra brightness to the eyes.
6. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Base to highlight the browbone.
7. Take a dark purple eyeliner (I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Empire) and line your upper and lower lashlines.
8. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and sweep Eccentric along the lower lashline, just over Empire. This step softens the liner along the lower lashline.
9. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Dreamer to the inner corners of the eye. This step adds some brightness to the eyes.
10. Apply your chosen cheek and lip products. I used a mix of Benefit Dallas and Benefit Sugarbomb on the cheeks and Benefit Cookie to highlight the cheekbones. I applied MAC Syrup lipstick, a medium lustre finish mauve shade, to finish off the look.
Here are some more photos of the look: