I recently posted this look on Instagram where I used Rose Gold, a beautiful shade from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette (you can see my post on the palette here). I combined Rose Gold with other brown shades from the palette and some black liner to create this slightly smokey look.
You can find other combinations I have created using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette on the site here.
If you would like some look ideas using particular shades in the palette, or certain types of looks, let me know! I’m really enjoying playing about with it so stay tuned for more combination ideas!
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
Crease: Incense eyeshadow
Deepen Crease: Passion eyeshadow
Lid: Rose Gold eyeshadow
Inner Lid: Dreamer eyeshadow
Browbone Highlight: Base eyeshadow
Upper and Lower Lashline: MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Lower Lashline: Rose Gold Eyeshadow and Incense Eyeshadow
Inner Corners: Dreamer eyeshadow
Face: Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Skin Protector in Medium Light, NYX Born to Glow Radiant Concealer in Vanilla, Kiko Tuscan Sun Perfecting Powder
Blusher: Benefit Georgia Blusher (from the Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette; also available individually)
Cheek Highlight: Benefit Cookie Highlighter (from the Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette; also available individually)
Lips: Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in 130 Self-Starter
1. Apply Smashbox 24Hr Photo Finish Shadow Primer all over the eyelid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 242) for this step.
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Incense into the crease.
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Passion to deepen the crease.
4. Take a clean finger and pat Rose Gold on to the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (eg. MAC 239) and pat Dreamer on the inner part of the lid. This step adds some extra brightness to the eyes.
6. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Base to highlight the browbone.
7. Take a black eye liner and lightly line the upper and lower lashlines.
8. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Rose Gold along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and gently apply Incense to the outer part of the lower lashline.
9. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply Dreamer to the inner corners of the eyes.
10. Apply your chosen cheek and lip products. I used Benefit Georgia on the cheeks and Benefit Cookie to highlight the cheekbones. I applied Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in 130 Self-Starter to the lips.
Here are some more photos of the finished look: