For this look, I combined lemon yellow, apple green and bright teal eyeshadows to create a colourful, tropical eye. Using black eyeliner along the upper lashline and jet black mascara on the lashes helps to define the eye when using such bright colours on the eyelid. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Crease: MAC Bio-green eyeshadow (satin bright green)
Outer v: MAC Surf USA eyeshadow (satin bright green-teal) (you could use a neutral brown like MAC Cork here instead to tone the look down)
Lid: MAC Crest the Wave eyeshadow (light shimmery lemon yellow)
Highlight: MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (light matte cream beige)
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
Lower Lashline: MAC Bio-green (mid-outer half) + MAC Crest the Wave (inner half)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
Cheeks: MAC Melba blusher (matte peach)
Lips: Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in ‘Liar’ (pinky-brown nude)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Bio-green into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Apply Surf USA to the outer v to add extra dimension to the eye (e.g. Bare Minerals Precision Brush; MAC 219; tips of MAC 226 or MAC 217). You could replace Surf USA with a neutral brown eyeshadow (e.g. MAC Cork) if you want to tone down the brightness of this look.
4. Apply Crest the Wave on to the eyelid using a gentle patting motion (e.g. MAC 239).
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Blanc Type on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take an eyeliner brush (e.g. Sonia Kashuk angled liner brush) and sweep a thin line of black gel liner along the lower lashline. Black eyeliner really helps ‘pull’ a look together when using such bright colours on the eye lid. You can also sweep any remaining product from the brush along the lower lashline to add a little extra definition to the eye.
7. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and sweep Surf USA from the mid-outer lower lashline. Take the same brush and sweep Crest the Wave from the inner-mid lower lashline.
8. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.