This look is bright and colourful and reminds me of the shades in peacock feathers. I combined bright lime, green and deep teal together to create a vivid and eye-catching effect on the eyes. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: MAC Plumage eyeshadow (matte deep dark teal)
Lid: MAC Kelly eyeshadow (matte medium bright true green)
Inner Lid: MAC Bitter eyeshadow (matte light bright lime)
Highlight: MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (light matte cream beige)
Mid-Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Kelly eyeshadow (as above)
Inner Lower Lashline: MAC Bitter eyeshadow (as above)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base.
2. Apply Plumage eyeshadow in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Pat Kelly onto the lid, using a flat shader brush (e.g. Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush).
4. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Blanc Type on to the browbone to highlight. Take this down into the inner corner as well to brighten the eye.
5. Using an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266), apply Kelly along the middle-outer part of the lower lashline.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266), apply Kelly eyeshadow along the inner part of the lower lashline.
7. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one more photo of the finished eye: