For this look, I smoked out a bright purple liner to create a soft ‘pop’ of colour around the lashlines. I also combined the purple with aqua-green and brown on the lid to add extra contrast to the look. You could use a different shade of eyeliner (e.g. blues, greens or coppers) to create a fun variation on the same look. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
Upper and Lower Lashlines: UD Voodoo Eyeliner (bright purple)
Blend Eyeliner: Urban Decay Flash eyeshadow (medium shimmery bright purple)
Lid: Urban Decay Shattered eyeshadow (medium shimmery aqua-green)
Crease : MAC Cork eyeshadow (medium matte neutral brown)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Inner Corners: UD Shattered eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Use Voodoo eyeliner to line your upper and lower lashlines. The lines do not have to be perfect as we will use eyeshadow to blend/soften the lines in stage 3.
3. Take Flash on to a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and use this to blend the eyeliner on the upper and lower lashlines. This step helps to soften and ‘smoke out’ the liner.
4. Apply Shattered on to the eyelid using a gentle patting motion (e.g. MAC 239). Applying the lid colour over the liner further helps to soften the lines and creates a smokier look. The aqua-green lid colour also provides a pretty contrast to the purple liner.
5. Sweep Cork into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217). Take a little of Cork into the outer lid as well to help shape the eye. Applying a neutral brown to the crease helps to balance the brighter colours used elsewhere on the eyes.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and further blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and pat a little of Shattered eyeshadow into the inner corners of the eye. This step helps to brighten and add some ‘lightness’to the eye.
8. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: