For this look, I applied a slick of pink glitter liner to add some sparkle to a neutral eyeshadow combination. Using glitter eyeliner along the upper lashline is an effective way of adding some intrigue to an existing look, without changing it too much. Here’s how to create the look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: MAC Cork eyeshadow (medium matte neutral brown)
Lid: Urban Decay Bordello eyeshadow (light shimmery mauve-pink)
Highlight: MAC Shroom eyeshadow (light satin beige)
Upper Lashline: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Junkshow (pink glitter with rainbow sparkles)
1. Apply Primer Potion over the lid as a base. You can use your fingers or a synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242) for applying the primer potion.
2. Apply Cork in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Bordello on the lid.
4. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Shroom on to the browbone to highlight. Take this down into the inner corner as well to brighten the eye.
5. Take Junkshow glitter eyeliner and draw a thin line along the upper lashline.
6. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: