This combination is the second in my ‘American Football Teams’ inspired series. Today’s look is based on Jacksonville Jaguars, whose colours are black, teal and gold. I used teal and black eyeshadows to shape the eye and a slick of gold liner along the lashlines to add some brightness.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease+Outer v: MAC Black-Tied eyeshadow (deep satin black with sparkles)
Middle Lid: MAC Surf USA eyeshadow (satin bright green-teal)
Inner Lid: MAC White Frost eyeshadow (shimmery true white)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Upper Lashline: Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Stargazer (light bright yellow-gold)
Lower Lashline: MAC White Frost eyeshadow (as above) + Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Stargazer (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply a Black-Tied in the outer v part of the eye. Blend Black-Tied up into the crease to help shape the eye.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Surf USA on the middle of the lid. Overlap Surf USA very slightly with the edges of Black-Tied to help the shades blend together. Don’t take it too far into Black-Tied, as you want to keep the intensity of two shades.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat White Frost on to the inner part of the lid. Overlap this very slightly with where it meets Surf USA to help the shades blend together. Don’t take it too far into Surf USA, as you want to keep the intensity of both shades.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour. Using a matte highlighter shade helps to ‘clean up’ and freshen the eye when using bold or dark shades on the lid.
6. Take Stargazer eyeliner and line the upper lashline. Dot Stargazer eyeliner very lightly along the lower lashline and then run a clean finger (or clean brush) over to blend the line together. This technique helps give very soft definition to the lower lashline.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply White Frost to the inner lower lashline. This step adds a little extra brightness to the eyes.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look:
Looking for more eyeshadow combinations inspired by American football team colours? Click here to see more looks.