This combination is the eighth look in my series of ‘American Football Teams’ inspired looks. Football may have finished for the season but inspiration can still be taken from team colours! The Detroit Lions’ colours are silver, blue and white.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: MAC Paint Pot in Chrome Angel (shimmery white)
Crease: MAC Blue Candy eyeshadow (medium bright matte candy blue)
Outer Lid: MAC Prussian eyeshadow (matte deep dark navy)
Lid: MAC Electra eyeshadow (light shimmery silver)
Inner Corner: MAC White Frost eyeshadow (shimmery true white)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC Electra eyeshadow + MAC White Frost eyeshadow + MAC Blue Candy eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
Note: I used the Chrome Angel paint pot as I wanted to add some extra shine to the look. You can use a skin-toned or clear primer instead and still achieve a similar effect on the eyes.
1. Apply Chrome Angel all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Blue Candy into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply Prussian to the outer part of the lid. Apply the colour in slight v shape to add extra shape to the eye.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Electra on to the lid.
5. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply White Frost to the inner corners of the eye. Take White Frost slightly up into the inner part of the lid to add extra brightness to the eye
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply Electra to the lower lashline. Apply a little Blue Candy to the very outer part of the lower lashline and White Frost to the inner lower lashline. Run a clean finger along the lower lashline to help the shades blend together.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look:
Looking for more eyeshadow combinations inspired by American football team colours? Click here to see more looks.