For this look, I used champagne, taupe and brown eyeshadows to create a soft and neutral effect on the eyes. Neutral tones on the eyes combine well with a variety of lip colour such as pinks, reds or more natural nudes. I wore this look with Max Factor Ruby Tuesday, which is a satin finish true red.
I used the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette to create this look but you can use any brand of eyeshadow you like which has similar shades.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Crease: Downfall (medium matte neutral brown)
Inner Crease: Undone (pale matte pinky-tan)
Lid: Brokedown (deep satin brown)
Crease: Reign (satin deep dark chocolate brown)
Middle Lid: Angel (medium shimmery silvery-taupe)
Inner Corner: Last Sin (shimmery light champagne)
Highlight: Truth (pale matte pink nude)
1. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid as a base.
2. Apply Downfall in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Apply Undone to the inner crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217, MAC 226). The inner crease is the part close to the inner corner of the eye.
4. Pat Brokedown onto the lid, using a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239).
5. Concentrate Reign eyeshadow on the very tip of your crease/blender brush (e.g. 217) and concentrate this in the lower part of the crease. This helps to deepen the crease area and add extra dimension to the eye.
6. Take a small detail brush (e.g. MAC 228) or a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and lightly pat Angel in a ‘strip’ on the very middle of the lid. Applying a lighter colour to the centre of the lid helps to provide extra shape to the eye.
7. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Last Sin in the inner corner of the eye. This step helps to brighten the eye when using smokier colours elsewhere.
8. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Truth on to the browbone to highlight.
9. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one more picture of the finished look: