For today’s look, I took inspiration from a pair of earrings I have which are bright yellow, green and blue (see above). I combined pale lemon yellow, pale green and bright blue eyeshadows to create a colourful, tropical eye.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Outer Lid+Crease: MAC Blue Candy eyeshadow (medium bright matte candy blue)
Middle Lid: MAC Guacamole eyeshadow (light satin neutral guacamole green)
Inner Lid: MAC Crest the Wave eyeshadow (light shimmery lemon yellow)
Blend out Crease: MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow (matte light peachy brown)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC Blue Candy (outer), MAC Crest the Wave (middle) + MAC Crest the Wave (inner)
Upper Lashline: MAC Black-Tied eyeshadow (deep satin black with sparkles)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
Cheeks: Bare Minerals blusher in ‘Soft Focus True’ (pale golden peach with sheen)
Cheek Highlight: Revlon Highlighting Palette in ‘010 Peach Glow’
Lips: MAC Huggable lip colour in ‘Fresh and Frisky’ (light coral-peach)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a crease brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply Blue Candy to the outer lid. Blend the colour up into the crease to add some shape to the eye.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Guacamole on to the middle of the lid.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Crest the Wave on to the inner part of the lid.
5. Take a fluffy blender brush (e.g. MAC 224) and lightly apply Soft Brown to the crease, just above the edges of Blue Candy. This step adds a little warmth and extra depth to the look.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and sweep Blue Candy along the outer lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Guacamole to the middle lower lashline and Crest the Wave to the inner lower lashline. I used a pencil brush for this step as I wanted to create a softer, smudgy effect of colour along the lashline. You could use an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) if you want sharper definition along the lower lashline.
8. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and sweep a thin line of Black-Tied eyeshadow along the upper lashline. I used a black eyeshadow to line the eye as I wanted very soft definition. You can always use pencil or gel eyeliner if you want more definition along the lashline.
9. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
10. Take an angled blusher brush (e.g. MAC 168) and apply Soft Focus True blusher to the cheeks.
11. Take a small contour or highlight brush (e.g. MAC 109) and dust Peach Glow on to the top of the cheekbones. This step helps to highlight the cheekbones and make them look more pronounced. You can also apply a little of Peach Glow lightly at the top of the cupid’s bow (on your lips), just above your eyebrows and down the nose to further brighten the face.
12. Apply Fresh and Frisky lipstick to the lips.