This look makes me think of strawberry and vanilla ice cream as the colours on the eye create a strawberry and cream halo. I used a darker shade in the inner and outer lids and a light shade in the middle of the lid to create a highlighted effect on the eyes. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Base: Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Shadow in 65 Pink Gold (shimmery light cupcake-pink)
Crease: MAC Haux eyeshadow (medium matte neutral rose-brown)
Inner and Outer Lid: MAC Dear Cupcake eyeshadow (medium satin strawberry pink)
Middle Lid: Urban Decay Maui Wowie eyeshadow (shimmery neutral champagne-pewter)
Highlight: MAC Creamy Bisque eyeshadow (light satin cream)
Inner+Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Dear Cupcake eyeshadow (as above)
Middle Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Maui Wowie eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Pink Gold Cream Shadow all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Haux into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Dear Cupcake on to the outer lid and the inner lid. Keep the middle section of the lid free of colour, as we will be applying a lighter shade there in the next stage.
4. Apply Maui Wowie to the middle of the lid eyelid using a gentle patting motion (e.g. MAC 239). Don’t worry if Maui Wowie looks like it is standing out slightly, as we are aiming to create a highlighted effect in the middle of the eyelid.
5. If you find that that there is too much contrast between the shades in the inner/outer lid and the middle lid, take a little of each shade at a time so that they overlap. Try patting a little more of Maui Wowie just where it meets Dear Cupcake. You can also apply a little more of Dear Cupcake just where it meets the edges of Maui Wowie. Adding a little extra colour here and there can help the two shades transition more smoothly into one another.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Creamy Bisque on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Dear Cupcake to the inner lower lashline and the outer lower lashline. Keep the middle of the lower lashline free of colour as we will be applying a lighter shade to this area in the next stage.
8. Take the same angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Maui Wowie to the middle of the lower lashline. You can run a clean finger along the line if you wish to smooth out and blend the edges of Maui Wowie and Dear Cupcake together more.
9. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: