This combination is the seventh look in my series of ‘American Football Teams’ inspired looks. The Miami Dolphins’ colours are turquoise, orange and white.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Crease: MAC Orange eyeshadow (vibrant matte orange)
Inner Crease: MAC Samoa Silk eyeshadow (pale matte orangey-peach)
Outer v: MAC Surf USA eyeshadow (satin bright green-teal)
Lid: MAC White Frost eyeshadow (shimmery true white)
Highlight: MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (light matte cream beige)
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Black
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Vacancy (bright teal-green) + Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Yeyo (bright satin white)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
Note:You can use eyeshadows along the lower lashline (instead of using eyeliners) if you want to keep things simple.
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Orange into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Sweep Samoa Silk into the inner crease of the eye (e.g. MAC 217). This step adds a little extra shape to the eye. Using Samoa Silk here keeps things more subtle in the inner part of the eye, as Orange eyeshadow is a lot brighter and darker.
4. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219, pointed end of Bare Minerals Precision Eye Brush) and apply Surf USA to the outer v section of the eye. Apply a little to the outer part of the lid as well. Wing the eyeshadow out to create an elongated, ‘cat eye’ effect on the eye.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat White Frost on to the lid.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Blanc Type on to the browbone to highlight. Using a matte highlighter shade helps to ‘clean up’ and freshen the eye when using such bold shades on the lid.
7. Take an eyeliner brush (e.g. Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush) and apply a thin line of black gel liner along the upper lashline.
8. Lightly draw a thin line of Vacancy eyeliner along the outer lower lashline. Take Yeyo eyeliner and lightly draw a thin line from the middle-inner lower lashline. If you prefer to use eyeshadows for this step, use an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) to apply Surf USA to the outer lower lashline and White Frost to the middle-inner lower lashline. Run a clean finger along the lower lashline to help the shades blend together.
9. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look:
Looking for more eyeshadow combinations inspired by American football team colours? Click here to see more looks.