This look combines silver, pink and a dash of purple to create a cocktail effect on the eyes. Adding purple to the outer v adds a little extra depth to the eye and helps to tie the pink and silver eyeshadows together.
Tip 1: Try using a different eyeshadow base to change up the same look. I used a shimmery white paintpot underneath the eyeshadows as I wanted to create a lighter look. Using a black base will create a smokier, deeper effect, whilst a skin-tone/clear base will make the eyeshadows brighter and bolder.
Tip 2: You can use a different shade in place of the silver if you want to change up the look. Aqua, light pink, blue and white would all work well.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: MAC Paint Pot in Chrome Angel (shimmery white)
Lid: MAC Silver Ring eyeshadow (medium satin steel silver)
Crease: MAC Lala eyeshadow (medium satin hot pink)
Outer v: MAC Indian Ink eyeshadow (dark matte cool-toned purple)
Highlight: MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (light matte cream beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC Silver Ring eyeshadow (as above) + MAC Indian Ink eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Chrome Angel all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Silver Ring on to the lid.
3. Sweep Lala into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
4. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219, pointed end of Bare Minerals Precision Eye Brush) and apply Indian Ink to the outer v section of the eye. Apply a little to the outer part of the lid as well to help it blend into Silver Ring and Lala.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Blanc Type on to the browbone to highlight. Using a matte highlighter shade helps to ‘clean up’ and freshen the eye when using such bold shades on the lid.
6. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Silver Ring to the whole of the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Indian Ink to the outer part of the lower lashline. Run a clean finger along the lower lashline to help the shades blend together.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: