For this look, I combined shimmery champagne-pewter and blue-based eyeshadows to create a soft wash of colour across the lids.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease : MAC Parisian Skies eyeshadow (satin medium bluish-grey)
Deepen Crease: MAC Prussian eyeshadow (matte deep dark navy)
Lid: Urban Decay Maui Wowie eyeshadow (shimmery neutral champagne-pewter)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Maui Wowie eyeshadow + MAC Prussian eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Parisian Skies into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Deepen the crease using Prussian on a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217). Take Prussian into the outer v as well to help shape the eye. Deepening the crease provides extra smokiness and adds depth to the eye.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Maui Wowie on to the eyelid.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and further blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply Prussian along the outer part of the lower lashline. Take the same pencil brush and sweep Maui Wowie along the whole of the lower lashline. You can lightly sweep the brush (or a clean finger) along the lower lashline to help the shades blend together more.
7. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: