For this look, I used The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – a powder face highlighter – on the eyes as an eyeshadow. I combined the champagne-gold with greens to create a warmeffect on the eyes.
Tip: Face powder highlighters like The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer can be extremely versatile (click on the links to read more about this product). Try using these products on the face, cheeks and eyes to add extra radiance to your features.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: UD Primer Potion in Original
Crease: MUG Dirty Martini eyeshadow (medium matte moss green)
Outer Lid: MAC Bio-Green eyeshadow (satin bright green)
Lid: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter (light champagne gold)
Highlight: MAC Shroom eyeshadow (light satin beige)
Cheeks: Illamasqua Blusher in Sophie (soft coral with gold sparkles)
Cheek Highlighter: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (light champagne-gold)
Lips: Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Go the Distance (creamy orange-coral)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Dirty Martini into the crease of the eye. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colour evenly.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Bio-Green on to the outer part of the lid.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Mary-Lou Manizer on to the lid.
5. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 226, MAC 217) and sweep Shroom on to the browbone to highlight.
6. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
7. Take an angled blusher brush (e.g. MAC 168) and apply Sophie blusher to the cheeks.
8. Take a small contour or highlight brush (e.g. MAC 109) and dust Mary-Lou Manizer on to the top of the cheekbones. This step helps to highlight the cheekbones and make them look more pronounced. You can also apply a little of Mary-Lou Manizer lightly at the top of the cupid’s bow (on your lips), lightly across the forehead and down the centre of the nose to further brighten the face.
9. Apply a slick of Go the Distance lipstick on the lips. I find that peach and coral shades of lip colour go really nicely with golds and greens on the eyes.