For this look, I wanted to try a different colour combination using MAC’s Old Gold pigment. I combined Old Gold with purple liner and orangey-red eyeshadow to create a fiery effect on the eyes. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Looking for more ideas using Old Gold pigment? You might like this look which mixes it with blues.
Base: MAC Coral Crepe Paint Pot (satin peachy-coral)
Upper and Lower Lashlines: UD Voodoo Eyeliner (bright purple)
Lid: MAC Old Gold pigment (shimmery orangey-gold)
Crease: MakeUpGeek Unicorn eyeshadow (bright satin violet)
Outer Lid/Crease: MAC Coppering eyeshadow (medium shimmery orange-red copper)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC Old Gold Pigment (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Coral Crepe all over the lid as a base. Take a little along the lower lashline as well. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242). I used a paintpot for this step, as the slightly tackier texture helps loose pigment eyeshadows adhere to the lid more effectively. Alternatively, you can use any other eyeshadow base that you have in your stash.
2. Use Voodoo eyeliner to line your upper and lower lashlines.
3. Apply Old Gold on to the eyelid using a gentle patting motion (e.g. MAC 239).
4. Sweep Unicorn into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and apply Coppering to the outer lid. Take Coppering very lightly up into the crease to help shape the eye.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and further blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and pat a little of Old Gold along the lower lashline (just under Voodoo eyeliner). This step helps the eye look come together.
8. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look:
Oooooh, I like this one, Saira! Purple is my favorite color! I like the bold liner on you!
Thanks Julie :o) ! Purple is one of my favourite make-up colours to wear. I think this look would look amazing with your brown eyes too.