On this particular day, it was lovely and sunny, just like Spring was starting. I combined together pinks, lilacs and purples to create a fresh, Spring-inspired look.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: UD Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: MAC Vibrant Grape eyeshadow (bright matte candy purple)
Blend Crease: MAC Haux eyeshadow (medium matte neutral rose-brown)
Outer Lid: MAC Palace Pedigreed eyeshadow (dark satin plum) + MUG Unicorn eyeshadow (bright satin violet)
Lid: MAC Crystal eyeshadow (pale shimmery cool lilac)
Highlight: MAC Creamy Bisque eyeshadow (light satin cream)
Cheeks: MAC Sharon Osborne blusher in Peaches and Cream (satin medium rose)
Cheek Highlighter: Laura Gellar Baked Brule Highlighter in Honey Lavender (light shimmery golden-pink)
Lips: Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel in 23 Pretty in Pinky (glossy medium rosy-pink)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Vibrant Grape into the crease of the eye. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colour evenly.
3. Take Haux onto a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use this to blend out the edges of the crease colour.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Palace Pedigreed on to the outer part of the lid. This step adds a little extra depth and shape to the eyes.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Crystal on to the lid.
6. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 226, MAC 217) and sweep Creamy Bisque on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
8. Take an angled blusher brush (e.g. MAC 168) and apply Peaches and Cream blusher to the cheeks.
9. Take a small contour or highlight brush (e.g. MAC 109) and dust Honey Lavender on to the top of the cheekbones. This step helps to highlight the cheekbones and make them look more pronounced. You can also apply a little of Honey Lavender lightly at the top of the cupid’s bow (on your lips), lightly across the forehead and down the centre of the nose to further brighten the face.
10. Apply a slick of Pretty in Pinky gloss to the lips. I used a lip gloss, rather than a lipstick, as I wanted to keep the overall look very fresh.