Adding in a bright colour to the outer v is a easy way to introduce colour without it being overpowering. For this look, I pepped up a relatively neutral silver and brown eye combination with a ‘pop’ of emerald green.
Tip: The beauty of this type of look is that you can adapt it using any colour in the outer v. Try swapping in purples, blues, coppers and blacks for an interesting twist on the same look.
Note: You can use any brand of eyeshadow you like which has similar shades to re-create this look (if you don’t have the Vice 4 palette).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: Urban Decay Bitter eyeshadow (matte medium terracotta-brown)
Outer v: Urban Decay Grasshopper eyeshadow (medium metallic emerald green)
Lid: Urban Decay Robbery eyeshadow (medium metallic taupe-silver)
Highlight: MAC Shroom eyeshadow (light satin beige) or Urban Decay Framed eyeshadow (light satin peachy-beige)
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Robbery eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Bitter into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239, MAC 272) and pat Grasshopper on the the outer part of the lid. Apply it at a slight angle so it creates a ‘v’ shape.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Robbery on to the eyelid.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Shroom (or Framed) on to the browbone to highlight. I used Shroom as I find the highlight shades in Vice 4 a little dark for me. You can use Framed in place of Shroom if you want to just use the shades in this palette for the look.
6. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply Robbery lightly along the whole of the lower lashline.
7. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.