I’ve been wearing a lot of bright eyeshadow combinations recently so I fancied trying something more neutral today. I used shades from the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Palette for the eyes and finished the look off with a hot pink lipstick and pink blusher to add some vibrancy.
To complement the look: I used MAC Dollymix Blusher on the cheeks, MAC Beaming Blush Extra Dimension Skinfinish Highlighter to highlight the cheekbones and Too Faced Peach Kiss Lipstick in Homecoming Queen on the lips (you can read more about the Too Faced Peach Kiss Lipsticks here).
Click here to read more about the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette, see photos and view swatches.
Click here to get more ideas for eyeshadow combinations using the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette!
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (matte light beige)
Crease: Martyr eyeshadow (medium matte warm brown)
Deepen Crease: Crucifix eyeshadow (deep matte cool dark brown)
Lid: Ashes eyeshadow (light greyish-taupe with faint gold sparkles)
Highlight: Amen eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: Ashes eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Eden all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Martyr into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Crucifix to deepen the crease of the eye. This step adds some extra shape and dimension to the eyes.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Ashes on to the lid.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Amen on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Ashes along the lower lashline.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: