This look combines shades of pink, plum and burgundy to create a sophisticated Valentine-esque eye. Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Outer v: MAC Sketch eyeshadow (dark velvet burgundy)
Crease: MAC Cork eyeshadow (medium matte neutral brown)
Lid: Urban Decay Last Call eyeshadow (shimmery medium pink-plum)
Inner Lid: MAC Ego eyeshadow (light shimmery pale pink)
Highlight: MAC Creamy Bisque eyeshadow (light satin cream)
Lower Lashline: MAC Sketch eyeshadow+Urban Decay Last Call+MAC Ego (as above)
1. Apply Primer Potion over the lid as a base. You can use your fingers or a synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242) for applying the primer potion.
2. Take a pencil brush (e.g. pointed end of Bare Minerals Precision Eye Brush; MAC 219) and apply Sketch to the outer v of the eye. You can use a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) instead of a pencil brush for this stage if you want to create a softer effect in the outer v.
3. Apply Cork in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Last Call on to the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Ego in the inner lid. This step helps to brighten the eye.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Creamy Bisque on to the browbone to highlight.
6. Take an angled eye liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Last Call along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Ego to the inner lower lashline and Sketch to the outer lower lashline.
7. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
One more picture of the finished look: