This post shows you how you can easily change up an existing look by adding a ‘pop’ of glitter liner along the upper lashline. Look 2 (two pictures above to the right) features the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Distortion (click here to read more about this product). You could also experiment with other colours of glitter eyeliner or pencil eyeliner to add an interesting effect, without changing the eyeshadows. Here’s how to create the two versions of the Silvered Peach look:
Look 1 Silvered Peach (with no liner)
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: MAC Samoa Silk eyeshadow (pale matte orangey-peach)
Lid: MAC Silver Ring eyeshadow (medium satin steel silver)
Outer Lid and Outer v: MAC Love Lace eyeshadow (medium shimmery navy)
Highlight: MAC Shroom eyeshadow (light satin beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC Silver Ring eyeshadow (as above)
1. Apply Primer Potion over the lid as a base. You can use your fingers or a synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242) for applying the primer potion.
2. Apply Samoa Silk in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Silver Ring on the lid.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g.MAC 217) and apply Love Lace to the outer lid and outer v parts of the eye. I used a crease/blender brush for this stage (rather than a pencil brush like the MAC 219) as I wanted to create a softer effect in the outer part of the eye.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Shroom on to the browbone to highlight. Take this down into the inner corner as well to brighten the eye.
6. Take an angled eye liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Silver Ring along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Darkside to the outer lower lashline.
7. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Look 2: Silvered Peach with glitter liner:
8. Follow steps 1-6 outlined above.
9. Take Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner and apply along the upper lashline.
10. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.