When I started creating this look, I wasn’t quite sure what combination I was going to come up with. All I knew was that I wanted to try out the new Kiko 84 light green eyeshadow that I purchased recently. I ended up using purple and peach shades alongside the green. I think the combination is really fresh and spring-like, perfect for whenever you want something fun but soft on the eyes.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Lid: Kiko High Pigment Wet and Dry eyeshadow in 84 Pearly Light Green (light pearl spring green)
Crease: MAC Creme De Violet eyeshadow (satin medium pink-violet)
Outer Lid: MAC Blooming Mad eyeshadow (light iridescent pinky-purple) (MAC Stars n’ Rockets is a good dupe)
Inner Corner: MAC Straw Harvest eyeshadow (light satin orangey-peach)
Highlight: MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (light shimmery cream-gold)
Lower Lashline: MAC Straw Harvest eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush to apply the eyeshadow primer (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Apply 84 Pearly Light Green on to the eyelid using a gentle patting motion (e.g. flat shader end of Bare Minerals Precision eye brush, MAC 239).
3. Sweep Creme De Violet into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. flat shader end of Bare Minerals Precision eye brush) and apply Blooming Mad to the outer lid. This step helps the green and pink-violet shades from steps 2 and 3 tie in together.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Ricepaper on to the browbone to highlight and further blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take a pencil brush (e.g. pencil end of Bare Minerals Precision eye brushMAC 219) and pat Straw Harvest all along the lower lashline. I used an orangey-peach along the lower lashline (rather than the green lid colour) as I wanted to keep the look very fresh and bright.
7. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: