This look is a slightly brighter version of the ‘Twist of Colour’ look I posted recently. For this look, I used a bright, shimmery silver on the lid, cork brown in the crease and a ‘pop’ of bright blue in the outer v part of the lid.
Tip: The beauty of this look is that you can adapt it using any other colour in the outer v. Try pink, purple, olive green, charcoal and black for a twist on the same look.
Note: You can use any brand of eyeshadow you like which has similar shades to re-create this look (if you don’t have the Vice 2 palette).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: Urban Decay Rewind eyeshadow (medium matte cool brown)
Outer Lid/Outer v: Urban Decay Madness eyeshadow (shimmery bright metallic blue)
Lid: Urban Decay Shellshock eyeshadow (light shimmery bright silver)
Highlight: MAC Habit eyeshadow (pale matte beige)
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Black
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Rewind into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239, MAC 272) and pat Madness on the the outer part of the lid. Apply it at a slight angle so it creates a ‘v’ shape in the outer part of the lid.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Shellshock on to the eyelid.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Habit on to the browbone to highlight.
6. Using a thin eyeliner brush (e.g. Real Techniques Precision Eye Lining Brush), apply a very thin line of black gel liner along the top lashline.
7. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: