Here is my second look using the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette (click here to see my post on this palette). Holla For A Dolla is a really beautiful, metallic olive green and I couldn’t wait to try it out with some of the golds and chocolate browns in the palette.
Looking for more combination ideas using the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette? Click here to view more looks (you can also see sneak peeks of upcoming looks occasionally on my Instagram page @makeupbysairalee).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in White
Lid: Holla For A Dolla (metallic deep olive green)
Inner Corner/Inner Crease: Chocolate Gold (metallic bright jewel gold)
Crease: So Boujee (matte light tan brown)
Deepen Crease: Cocoa Truffle (matte medium chocolate brown)
Highlight: Rollin’ in Dough (matte light cream)
Lower Lashline: Holla For A Dolla (as above)
Middle Lower Lashline: Famous (metallic medium copper)
Centre of Lid: Famous (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Holla For A Dolla on to the lid.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Chocolate Gold in the inner corner. Take Chocolate Gold up into the inner crease of the eye as well to add a little extra brightness to the eyes.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep So Boujee into the crease. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colour into the crease.
5. Take some of Cocoa Truffle on to a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217). Using a windshield wiper motion, apply Cocoa Truffle to deepen the crease. This step adds some extra shape and depth to the eyes.
6. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217, MAC 226) and sweep Rollin’ in Dough on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Holla For A Dolla along the lower lashline. Use the same brush to apply a little of Chocolate Gold along the inner lower lashline.
8. Take a little of Famous on to a small flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 228), a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or a clean finger. Use the brush or your finger to very lightly pat Famous in a thin line on the centre of the eyelid. This step adds extra brightness to the eyes, as well as a nice little flash of coppery-gold, when the eyes open and close.
9. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: