Rich Girl is a really pretty, light metallic silvery-taupe shade from the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette (click here to see my post on this palette). This look is slightly smokey, yet still neutral enough that you can pair it with most lip colours. I wore a bright, deep pink shade with this look and I can also imagine it working well with reds, deep berries, plums and light neutrals.
Looking for more combination ideas using the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette? Click here to view more looks (you can also see sneak peeks of upcoming looks and other make-up related content on my Instagram page @makeupbysairalee).
Click ‘Read More’ to see how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in White
Lid: Rich Girl (light metallic silver-taupe)
Crease: Cocoa Truffle (matte medium chocolate brown)
Outer Lid/Deepen Crease: Decadent (matte deep black)
Highlight: Rollin’ in Dough (matte light cream)
Lower Lashline: So Boujee (matte light tan brown)
Inner Corners: Rich Girl (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Rich Girl on to the lid.
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Cocoa Truffle into the crease. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colour into the crease.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply Decadent to the outer lid. Sweep Decadent gently into the crease at the very outer part of the eye to add some extra shape to the eyes.
5. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217, MAC 226) and sweep Rollin’ in Dough on to the browbone to highlight.
6. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply So Boujee to the lower lashline.
7. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and apply Rich Girl to the inner corners of the eye. This step adds some extra brightness to the look.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.