For this look, I created a soft, wide-awake effect on the eyes by combining cream and rose eyeshadows with a slick of glitter liner. Using lighter shades of eyeshadow and glitter eyeliner along the upper lashline are effective ways of adding brightness to the eyes (perfect if you are feeling a little tired as I was on this day!). Here’s how to create the look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (clear)
Crease: Urban Decay Nooner eyeshadow (medium matte pink-brown)
Lid: Urban Decay Strange eyeshadow (pale matte neutral cream with pink hint)
Highlight: Urban Decay Strange eyeshadow (as above)
Upper Lashline: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Distortion (white crystal with gold and green iridescent sparkles) (click here to read more about this product)
1. Apply Primer Potion over the lid as a base. You can use your fingers or a synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242) for applying the primer potion.
2. Apply Nooner in the crease of the eye with a crease/blender brush using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Strange on the lid.
4. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Strange on to the browbone to highlight. Take this down into the inner corner as well to brighten the eye.
5. Take Distortion glitter eyeliner and draw a thin line along the upper lashline.
6. Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look:
Looking for more ways to wear glitter eyeliner? You might enjoy this post which combines Distortion liner with silver and peachy-brown eyeshadows.