I really fancied trying out a more neutral combination with the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Palette (see my post on this palette, including photos and swatches here) and came up with this light greyish-taupe look.
Combination Ideas: This look is classic enough that it can go really well with all sorts of lip colours. I wore this combination with Too Faced Wham lipstick, a creamy, glimmering berry shade with pink, silver and purple sparkles. You could also try this eyeshadow with pinks, reds and deeper berry hues.
Click here to see more eyeshadow combinations using the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette!
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer (clear)
Lid: Baptism (light matte pink-toned beige)
Crease: Ashes (light cool olive-taupe with gold, green and silver sparkles)
Outer Lid/Lower Crease: Sanctuary (dark pearly taupe-brown)
Highlight: Amen (light matte beige)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Baptism on the lid.
3. Sweep Ashes into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and lightly apply Sanctuary to the outer lid and lower crease area. This step adds a little extra depth to the eye.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Amen on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: