Relic – a bright jewel-toned yellow gold – is one of my favourite eyeshadows from the Kat Von D Saint and Sinners Eyeshadow Palette (click here to read about this product, see photos and view swatches). In this look, I used it on the middle of the lid to create a bright, highlighted effect on the eyes.
Click here to see more eyeshadow combinations using the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette!
Click here to read more tips on how to create a highlighted eyeshadow style on the eyes.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Crease: Sanctuary (dark pearly taupe-brown)
Inner Lid and Outer Lid: Revelation (deep satin brown with copper and gold sparkles)
Middle of Lid: Relic (metallic jewel yellow gold)
Blend Between Lid Parts: Martyr (medium matte warm brown)
Middle Lower Lashline: Relic (metallic jewel yellow gold)
Inner and Outer Lower Lashline: Revelation (deep satin brown with copper and gold sparkles)
Highlight: Amen (light matte beige)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Sanctuary into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Revelation on the inner lid and the outer lid. Keep the middle part of the lid free of colour as we will apply Relic there in the next step.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Relic on to the middle of the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and use Martyr to blend between the edges of Relic and Revelation. I like applying just a little over the edge of each colour to help blend away any harsh edges.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Amen on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take a flat liner brush (e.g. Kiko Flat Definer Brush) and apply Revelation to the inner and outer lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply a little Relic to the middle lower lashline. Use the brush to blend the two shades together so there are no harsh lines.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: