For this look, I used peachy-coral, copper and plum MAC eyeshadows on the lid, followed by a slick of NYX Vivid Brights Coloured Liquid Liner in Vivid Violet along the upper lashline (you can read more on this product here). I really love how the purple liner contrasts and ‘pops out’ against the peach and copper tones on the lid.
To complement the look: I used Too Faced Sweethearts Bronzer in Sweet Tea (click here to read more about this product), Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Sparkling Bellini (click here to read more about this product) and Loreal Colour Riche Shine Lipstick in 464 Color Hype.
Interested reading more posts on MAC? You might enjoy my ‘Spotlight on MAC’ series (you can read more about the series here).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: MAC Painterly Paint Pot (matte light cream)
Lid: MAC Expensive Pink eyeshadow (medium pearly peachy-coral with pink duochrome)
Outer Lid: MAC Coppering eyeshadow (medium shimmery orange-red copper)
Crease: MAC Palace Pedigreed eyeshadow (dark satin plum)
Inner Lid: MAC Barefoot eyeshadow (medium shimmery true gold)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Upper Lashline: NYX Coloured Liquid Liner in Vivid Violet (bright dark violet-purple)
Middle-Outer Lower Lashline: Expensive Pink eyeshadow (as above)
Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Palace Pedigreed eyeshadow (as above)
Inner Lower Lashline: MAC Barefoot eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Painterly Paint Pot all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Expensive Pink all over the lid.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Coppering on the outer part of the lid.
4. Sweep Palace Pedigreed into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Barefoot on the inner part of the lid.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take NYX Coloured Liquid Liner in Vivid Violet and apply a thin line along the upper lashline.
8. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Expensive Pink along the middle to the outer lashline. Take the same brush and apply a little Palace Pedigreed to the outer lower lashline and Barefoot to the inner lower lashline.
9. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Black mascara really helps to frame the eye when using such colourful eyeshadows.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: