I thought it would be fun to use various shades of blue eyeshadow from MAC to kickstart my new ‘Spotlight on MAC’ series. You can read more about the ‘Spotlight on MAC’ series here.
Some of the shades are from the permanent range, whilst a couple are from past limited edition collections. I’ve given suggestions for permanent shades you can use in place of the limited edition ones, in case you don’t have them.
To complement the look: I used Kiko Marmoreal Biscuit Baked Blush (you can read more about this product here) on my cheeks and Bare Minerals Gen Nude Lipstick in Nudist on the lips.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (light matte cream)
Outer Lid: MAC Blue Candy eyeshadow (medium bright matte candy blue) or MAC Electric Eel Eyeshadow (permanent)
Lid: MAC Suave Intentions eyeshadow (light pearly icy blue) or MAC Moon’s Reflection eyeshadow (permanent)
Inner Lid: MAC White Frost eyeshadow (light shimmery true white)
Crease: MAC Contrast eyeshadow (dark satin cool navy blue)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: MAC White Frost, Suave Intentions + Blue Candy eyeshadows (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Blue Candy on the outer part of the lid.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Suave Intentions on the middle of the lid.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat White Frost on the inner part of the lid.
5. Sweep Contrast into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 224). I used the 224 as it is fluffier than the MAC 217 and gives a softer, diffused application more easily.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and sweep Suave Intentions along the lower lashline. Take the same angled eyeliner brush and sweep a little of Blue Candy along the outer part of the lower lashline. Use the same brush to apply White Frost on the inner part of the lower lashline.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is another picture of the finished look: