Love & Cocoa is a beautifully rich, metallic chocolate brown shade from the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette (click here to see my post on this palette). I couldn’t resist trying it out on the lid alongside Holla For a Dolla in the crease and Famous on the inner lid.
Looking for more combination ideas using the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette? Click here to view more looks (you can also see sneak peeks of upcoming looks occasionally on my Instagram page @makeupbysairalee).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in White
Lid: Love & Cocoa (metallic deep chocolate brown)
Crease: Holla For A Dolla (metallic deep olive green)
Inner Lid: Famous (metallic medium copper)
Highlight: Rollin’ in Dough (matte light cream)
Lower Lashline: Love & Cocoa (as above)
Inner Lower Lashline: Famous (metallic medium copper)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Love & Cocoa on to the lid.
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Holla For a Dolla into the crease. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colour into the crease.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Famous on the inner part of the lid. Take Famous up into the inner crease of the eye as well to add a little extra brightness to the eyes.
5. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217, MAC 226) and sweep Rollin’ in Dough on to the browbone to highlight.
6. Take an angled eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Love & Cocoa along the middle-outer lower lashline. Use the same brush to apply a little of Famous along the inner lower lashline.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: