I’ve really been enjoying dipping back into palettes that I purchased a while ago (from Urban Decay, Kat Von D and Too Faced) as it can be so easy to get sidetracked by all the new releases. I really love the bold pops of colour and smokier tones in the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette and came up with this magenta and black eyeshadow combination.
To complement the look I used: MAC Blusher in Melba (matte peach) and MAC Huggable Lip Colour in Fresh and Frisky (light coral-peach).
Looking for more eyeshadow combination ideas using the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette? You can view various looks on the site here.
You can also get ideas for eyeshadow combinations using various palettes from different brands under Eyeshadow Combo Ideas/Palettes Series on the menu bar.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in White (matte white)
Crease: Urban Decay Grip eyeshadow (medium smokey grey with faint silver micro-glitter)
Deepen Crease: Urban Decay Deadbeat eyeshadow (pearly charcoal black with faint iridescent micro-glitter)
Lid: Urban Decay 1985 eyeshadow (medium metallic hot magenta pink)
Inner Lid: Urban Decay Fast Ball eyeshadow (metallic medium duochrome pink)
Highlight: MAC Brule eyeshadow (light matte beige)
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay 1985 eyeshadow + Fast Ball eyeshadow
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Use a fluffy crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply Grip to the crease of the eye. Use a windshield wiper motion to help blend the eyeshadow.
3. Take a fluffy crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Deadbeat to deepen the crease. This step adds extra depth to the eyes.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat 1985 on to the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Fastball on to the inner part of the lid.
6. Take a fluffy crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 226) and sweep Brule on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Take a pencil brush (e.g. MAC 219) and apply 1985 along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply Fast Ball to the inner part of the lower lashline.
8. Apply black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s one more picture of the finished look: