I’ve repurchased MAC Expensive Pink twice as it is such a beautiful duochrome shade with hints of coral, orange and pink. I’ve used it with a variety of shades and thought I would try it with cranberry and a deep charcoal for a warm, autumnal look.
To complement the look: I used Clinique Cheek Pop in 02 Peach Pop (click here to read more about this product) on the cheeks, MAC Beaming Blush Extra Dimension Skinfinish Highlighter to highlight the cheekbones and MAC Brave lipstick on the lips.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer (light neutral)
Lid: MAC Expensive Pink eyeshadow (medium pearly peachy-coral with pink duochrome)
Crease: MAC Cranberry eyeshadow (medium satin cranberry)
Outer v: MAC Beluga eyeshadow (dark pearly charcoal with faint sparkles) or MAC Sketch (dark velvet burgundy)
Highlight: MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (light shimmery cream-gold)
Lower Lashline: Expensive Pink eyeshadow (as above)
Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Beluga eyeshadow (as above) or Sketch (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Expensive Pink all over the lid.
3. Sweep Cranberry into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and apply Beluga (or Sketch) to the outer v of the eye.
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Ricepaper on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Expensive Pink along the lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply a little Beluga (or Sketch) to the outer lower lashline and Barefoot to the inner lower lashline.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: