I really fancied trying out Vestment (a deep metallic blackened teal) with Exodus (a light matte acid green) together and came up with this eyeshadow combination. I added in Devil (a matte orange) into the crease to add some warmth and a punchy twist to the look.
To complement the look, I used Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in ‘Lolita II’ (a medium warm terracotta-chestnut) on the lips and The Balm ‘Balm Springs’ blusher (a matte medium dusty, earthy rose) on the cheeks. You can read more, see photos and view swatches of Lolita II here.
Click here to read more about the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette, see photos and view swatches.
Click here to get more ideas for eyeshadow combinations using the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette!
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer (clear)
Outer Lid: Vestment (deep metallic blackened teal)
Lid: Exodus (light matte acid green with faint sparkles)
Crease: Devil (matte medium warm orange)
Highlight: Amen (light matte beige)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Vestment on to the outer lid. Apply it in a slight ‘v’ shape to add some shape to the eye. Take Vestment a little up into the crease as well.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Exodus on the lid. Overlap very slightly with the edges of Vestment to help the shades meld together.
4. Sweep Devil into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Amen on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour. Using a matte highlighter shade helps to ‘clean up’ and freshen the eye when using such bold shades on the lid.
6. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) or an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Exodus along the inner-middle lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply a little Vestment to the outer lower lashline. Use the brush to blend Exodus and Vestment together so that there are no harsh lines.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Black mascara really helps to frame the eye when using such colourful eyeshadows.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: