I really wanted to try out the bold, matte red in the Morphe Live in Color Artistry Palette (you can read more about this palette here) and came up with this bold red, blue and purple look.
Click ‘Read More’ below to see the full look breakdown, view more photos and find out what I used on the rest of my face.
Click here to view my post on this palette, see photos and view swatches.
Looking for more look ideas using the Morphe Live in Color Artistry Palette? You can find other combinations and look ideas here.
Are there any products you would recommend from Morphe? This is my first time to try out anything from the brand so I would love to hear your suggestions!
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer
Outer Lid: Gilbert eyeshadow (dark shimmery black-purple)
Crease: Life eyeshadow (matte red)
Lid: Peace eyeshadow (metallic bright ocean blue)
Inner Crease: Culture eyeshadow (satin medium pink-coral)
Highlight: Milk eyeshadow (matte light white)
Lower Lashline: Peace eyeshadow (as above)
Mascara: Kiko Unforgettable Mascara in Black (upper and lower lashes)
Face: Benefit Hello Happy Flawless Brightening Foundation in shade 2, Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer in C5, Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder
Cheeks: Kiko Baked Blush in 01 Marmoreal Biscuit (you can read more about this product here) and Pixi Glow-y Gossamer Duo in Subtle Sunrise (light gold on left hand side)
Lips: MAC Brave lipstick (satin medium petal pink)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and pat Gilbert on to the outer part of the lid. Lightly drag Gilbert into the outer v of the eye to create a slight ‘v’ shape and add extra shape to the eyes.
3. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and sweep Life into the crease.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Peace on to the lids.
5. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and lightly sweep Culture on the inner crease part of the eye.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Milk on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Peace along the lower lashline.
8. Apply your face, cheek and lip products to finish off the look (suggestions given above in the ‘Products’ section).
9. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here are some more photos of the finished look: