I really love the bright blue (Ministry) and the lime shade (Exodus) from the Kat Von D Saint and Sinners Eyeshadow Palette (click here to read about this product, see photos and view swatches) and wanted to see what they looked like together. I like how the lime green pops out from the middle of the lid when the eyes are closed.
To complement the look: I used Benefit Galifornia (click here to read more about this product) on the cheeks, Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Golden Lights (bright light white-gold) to highlight the tops of my cheekbones and MAC Shanghai Spice (creamy peachy-nude) on the lips.
Click here to see more eyeshadow combinations using the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Eyeshadow Palette!
Click here to read more tips on how to create a highlighted eyeshadow style on the eyes.
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Crease: Martyr (medium matte warm brown)
Inner Lid and Outer Lid: Ministry (deep metallic jewel blue)
Middle of Lid: Exodus (light matte acid green with faint sparkles)
Blend Between Lid Parts: Vestment (deep metallic blackened teal)
Highlight: Amen (light matte beige)
Inner and Outer Lower Lashline: Ministry (as above)
Middle Lower Lashline: Exodus (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Martyr into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Ministry on the inner lid and the outer lid. Keep the middle part of the lid free of colour as we will apply Relic there in the next step.
4. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Exodus on to the middle of the lid.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and use Vestment to blend between the edges of Ministry and Exodus. Apply just a little over the edge of each colour to blend away any harsh edges. I used Vestment as it was a good in-between colour to blend between Ministry and Exodus.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Amen on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
7. Take a flat liner brush (e.g. Kiko Flat Definer Brush) and apply Ministry to the inner and outer lower lashline. Take the same brush and apply a little Exodus to the middle lower lashline. Use the brush to blend the two shades together so there are no harsh lines.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: