Aquadisiac is such a beautiful, lustre finish aqua colour and one of my long-time favourite eyeshadows from MAC. This particular eyeshadow is incredibly pigmented, so only a little is needed on a brush for high impact colour. For this look, I used Aquadisiac alongside Lucky Green eyeshadow, which is another favourite of mine.
To complement the look: I used Kiko Baked Blush in Dreaming Coral on the cheeks (you can read my post and see swatches of this product here), Kiko Glow Fusion Powder Highlighter in 01 Champagne to highlight my cheekbones (you can read my post on this product here) and MAC Huggable Lipcolour Lipstick in Origami Orange on my lips.
Interested in reading more posts on MAC? You might enjoy my ‘Spotlight on MAC’ series (you can read more about the series here).
Here’s how to re-create this look:
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (light matte beige)
Lid: MAC Lucky Green eyeshadow (medium shimmery yellow-lime green)
Outer Lid: MAC Aquadisiac eyeshadow (medium lustre aqua-turquoise)
Crease: MAC Copperplate eyeshadow (medium matte taupe-grey) (or MAC Scene eyeshadow)
Highlight: MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (light shimmery cream-gold)
Middle-Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Lucky Green eyeshadow (as above)
Outer Lower Lashline: MAC Aquadisiac eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Eden Primer Potion all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Lucky Green on to the inner and middle part of the lid. Leave the outer lid free of colour.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Aquadisiac on the outer part of the lid.
4. Sweep Copperplate into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
5. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Ricepaper on to the browbone to highlight and blend out the edges of the crease colour.
6. Take an angled liner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Lucky Green along the middle to the outer lashline. Take the same brush and apply Aquadisiac to the outer lower lashline.
7. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here is one one more picture of the finished look: