Today’s look for the Rainbow Series is based around VIOLET, the seventh colour in the rainbow. For this look, I combined violet with orange, coral and copper to create a fun contrast of colours on the eyes. I often wear purples with blues or pinks, so it was fun to try out a different combination. You can view full face shots, along with the cheek and lip colours I used, in this post.
The Rainbow Series includes looks based around each of the colours of the rainbow. You can read about the series and view more posts here.
Tip: I’m using the Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette for all of the looks but you can substitute in eyeshadows from any brand. The NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in ‘Brights’ is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Full Spectrum and cheaper (£16 instead of £43). You can view the NYX Palette here.
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in White (matte white)
Crease: Urban Decay Jones eyeshadow (medium pearly golden-tangerine)
Lid: Urban Decay Sketch eyeshadow (deep satin violet-purple)
Deepen Crease: Urban Decay Seize eyeshadow (medium-deep satin coral-red)
Outer Corner: Urban Decay Warning eyeshadow (medium metallic warm copper)
Highlight: MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (light matte cream beige)
Lower Lashline: Urban Decay Sketch eyeshadow (as above)
Black mascara (upper and lower lashes)
1. Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat synthetic brush (e.g. MAC 242).
2. Sweep Jones into the crease using a windshield wiper motion (e.g. MAC 217).
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Sketch on the lid.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 226, MAC 217) and use Seize to deepen the crease.
5. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and apply Warning to the outer corner of the eye.
6. Using a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) or a pointed crease brush (e.g. MAC 226), sweep Blanc Type on to the browbone to highlight.
7. Take an eyeliner brush (e.g. MAC 266) and apply Sketch along the lower lashline.
8. Apply plenty of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Here’s another close-up of the eyes:
Here are some full face photos of the look:
To complement the look: I used Kiko Baked Blush in 01 Marmoreal Biscuit on the cheeks (you can read more about this product, see swatches and view photos here), Kiko Glow Fusion Powder Highlighter in 01 Champagne (you can read more about this product, see photos and view swatches here) to highlight my cheekbones and Bare Minerals Gen Nude Lipstick in Kitten on the lips.
Next up: Rainbow Series Roundup! I’ll be putting together a post showcasing all of the looks in the series, so look out for the post soon!