I created this look using the NYX Swear By It Eyeshadow Palette (you can see my post, see photos and view swatches of this palette here) some time ago. My look was inspired by a look I saw Allie Glines create on YouTube. She based her version on a look created by someone else too (I’m not sure who, unfortunately).
I used similar tones to Allie Glines on the eyes but I chose a coral lipstick instead of the red which she used. I’m a huge fan of MAC Toying Around Lipstick, which is a beautiful, Amplified finish, medium bright coral shade and thought it would work well with the tones on the eyes. This particular lipstick shade was limited edition but I think other brands will have similar shades.
I’m planning to post more of the looks I have created using this palette on the site, so stay tuned! You can find looks using this palette on the site here.
If you would like some look ideas using particular shades in the palette, or certain types of looks, let me know!
Click here to read my article ‘Parts of the Eye’ for help on where to place eyeshadow colours.
Base: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Lid: Shade 13 eyeshadow
Outer Lid/Crease: Shade 20 eyeshadow
Outer v: Shade 37 eyeshadow
Browbone Highlight: Shade 5 eyeshadow
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Hyper Precise All Day Wear Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Blusher: Kiko Metal Fusion Blush in 05 Outrageous Tangerine (you can read more about this product here)
Cheek Highlight: Kiko Glow Fusion Powder Highlighter in 01 Champagne (you can read more about this product here)
Lips: MAC Lipstick in Toying Around
1. Apply Painterly all over the eyelid as a base. You can either use your fingers or a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 242) for this step.
2. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Shade 13 on to the lid.
3. Take a flat shader brush (e.g. MAC 239) and pat Shade 20 on to the outer part of the lid. Use the same brush to take Shade 20 into the crease of the eye as well.
4. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and apply Shade 37 to the outer v section of the eye.
5. Take a crease/blender brush (e.g. MAC 217) and use Shade 5 to highlight the browbone.
6. Take a black liquid liner and draw a thin line along the upper lashline.
7. Apply your chosen cheek and lip products. I used Kiko Metal Fusion Blush in 05 Outrageous Tangerine on the cheeks and Kiko Glow Fusion Powder Highlighter in 01 Champagne to highlight the cheekbones. I applied MAC Lipstick in Toying Around to the lips to add a peach-coral burst to the look.
Here are some more photos of the look: